Patient Navigation Position
Company: Nix Health System, LLC
Function: 1115 Waiver
Supervisor: Patient Navigation Supervisor
Job Title: Patient Navigator FLSA
Date Created/Updated: March 19, 2019
Primary Purpose – Provides all navigation assistance for 1115 Waiver program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Complete real time patient assistance in the hospital, Emergency Department and office walk-ins.
With social resources and screenings, follow up appointments, post discharge plans and education.
Creates and executes readmission prevention plan for enrolled patients.
Promotes Nix Health services and providers when appropriate.
Maintains and updates Patient Navigation Database; utilizes daily reports to evaluate admissions and track frequent utilizers.
Problem solves issues, gathers data and provides information as necessary.
Participates in daily safety huddles and monthly staff meetings as necessary.
Participates in organizational process improvement and continued regulatory compliance for continued improvement in patient outcomes.
Maintains current knowledge in best practices, organizational policies and procedures in social determinants of health and community health.
Completes special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements Experience:
1. Cognitive skills as related to position.
2. Proven independent judgement with effective outcomes.
3. Strong attention to detail, proficient writing skills and strong communication skills.
4. Strong customer service with proven team building skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent Preferred Skills/Qualifications
• Current Certified Community Health Worker • Bilingual preferred OSHA Risk Factor Code
• Category III: Low risk to infection from blood or blood products. Physical Requirements
• Frequent lifting in excess of 30 lbs.
• Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling and lifting with turning.
Interested parties can apply at https://www.nixhealth.com/Careers.aspx